Joe Castro Brevoort’s Resume:
Red Attic Design Studios
Prospect Park, Pennsylvania
May, 2007 – present
- Clients include: AEG Live, Academy of Music, Action AIDS, America’s Grow-A-Row, Art-Reach, Clearpoint Interactive Health Education (Pharma), Delaware Children’s Museum, First Edition Publishing (Marvel Comics), Foundations Inc., Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia, Live Nation, Morning Circle Media, Patheos.com, phillylacrosse.com, Philly Fair Trade Roasters, Preceptiv Learning Solutions (Pharma), Please Touch Museum, Science Skateboards (UK), Switch Skateboarding, Wilmington Skate Project
- Design work includes: logos, corporate identity, custom illustrations, website development and design, promotional and music videos, annual reports, brochures, posters, photography, album covers, newsletters, invitations, skateboard graphics.
Please Touch Museum
Art Director/Graphics Manager
May, 1998 – May, 2007
- Responsible for the concept and design of all museum publications, annual reports, logos, exhibit signage, clothing, posters, brochures, banners and vehicle graphics.
- Developed the Museum’s brand and created it’s Graphic Identity Manual.
- Developed and produced Flash animations for www.pleasetouchmuseum.org as well as produced and edited videos for fundraising and promotions.
- Managed a staff of full time and freelance designers, illustrators and photographers.
- Coordinated the design of projects that incorporated licensed characters including Arthur, Dr. Suess, Ronald McDonald, Mister Rogers, & Richard Scarry’s Busytown.
- Created the ABC Games – an annual week long non-competitive alternative-sports event for children ages one through seven – now in it’s seventh year.
- Created and was responsible for the yearly printing budget. Maintained relationships with vendors. Attended press checks for all jobs to ensure proper printing and quality.
Stat Stat Inc.
February, 1996 – May, 1998
- Clients included: GORE and Associates, Krapfcandoit Inc., Delaware Council on Gambling Problems, Clifford Brown Jazz Festival, Rollins Trucking, Scholarly Resources.
- Design work included: logos, corporate identity, annual reports, brochures, posters, billboards, book design, video graphics.
- Worked with clients to create an identity that reflected their company’s strengths.
- Provided illustration and photography.
Proficent in the following programs: Indesign CS5, Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver CS5, Flash CS5, QuarkXpress 8.0, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, (Experience on both Macintosh and PC platforms)
Comfortable designing and preparing pieces for one through six color off-set printing, die-cutting, foil stamping, pop-ups, varnishes and silkscreening.
B.A. in Graphic Design, GPA: 3.5
Awards and Recognition:
2007: International Best Brochure Award –
Please Touch Museum’s General Brochure
Association of Professional Brochure Distributors
2007: Graphic Design USA –
American Inhouse Design Award:
Annual Report and Poster categories.
2007: American Associations. of Museums –
2006: PRSA Pepperpot Award –
Communications: Annual Report
2004: PRSA Pepperpot Award –
First Place Single Piece Communications: Annual Report
2004: PA IABC Epic award:
2003: PRSA Pepperpot Award – First Place Single Piece Communications: Annual Report
1997: 2 First State IABC awards for excellence in communication
1997 – 1998: 6 Advertising Club of Delaware ADDE awards for excellence in design